I’m not wanting my blog to become a review of the BBC’s output – but they are creating some terrific programming around networks. The latest find is a BCC Radio 4 report called “The Secret History of Social Networking”.
In the aftermath of the success of the movie, “Social Network”, BBC journalist Rory Cellan-Jones has traveled the globe to interview many of the “actors” who helped to create the Social Network phenomena. Interestingly, this story starts 37 years ago with “Community Memory” in Berkeley, California.
…..Thank you for visiting. My blog has moved. You can find the rest
of this post by clicking here.
The series is in 3 parts – the first was broadcast last week, and I tuned in to the podcast of it last night. It’s a good listen – and I think will become even more interesting as it races towards the modern day take-off of Social Media.
During the series there are contributions from Twitter’s Biz Stone, Path’s Dave Morin, Foursquare’s Dennis Crowley, Facebook’s Chris Cox, the WELL co-founder Stewart Brand and writers Howard Rheingold and Julia Angwin. There’s a nice preview video interview with quite a few of these contributors on the main BBC webpage.
PLEASE NOTE - my website has moved to http://www.philobrien.com. Please continue your journey there!. Best wishes. Phil
- Hunches - from Billie Holiday to Bob Dylan! A musical journey mixed with data and job interviews 1843magazine.com/features/the-d… 1 week ago
- Have you ever considered you are carrying a slot machine in your pocket? @tristanharris youtu.be/3OhMJh8IKbE 3 weeks ago
- Join the #TimeWellSpent movement - I just did. #PutThePhoneDown youtu.be/tf9ZhU7zF8s 3 weeks ago
- Good read about #Facebook . Humans need #Offline . "You cannot unite humanity by selling advertisements." ft.com/content/ac0e3b… 3 weeks ago
- Personal Space – juggling closeness and privacy
- Finding WOW – the Toxteth Riots & Wimbledon Photographers
- Where you live – creativity lessons from Bono & Bowie
- I met a man on the internet….
- Replacing half your friends every 7 years – and the tattoo consequences
- Small Worlds, Connecting the Dots and Dark Side of the Moon
- Reflexivity – I liked the word so much, I bought the domain name!
- “I’d Like to See the Manager”
- How Technology Fosters Strong Ties – a guest post by Joel D. Canfield
- Nepotism and Dunbar’s Number